Tuesday, August 10, 2010

August 6, 2010: New York, New York

I had to take advantage of the cheap bus rates to make a weekend trip to New York City. I got on at 10:30 at Union Station and got into Manhattan mid-afternoon. The weather was noticeably cooler and drier than Washington - I was able to comfortably walk for an hour to The Strand bookshop where I was meeting up with my friend Jenn, which was pretty thrilling after dodging the sun for weeks on end.

I hung out at The Strand reading 'I am Legend' by Richard Matheson. Jenn showed up, and we went to a nearby cafe/children's bookstore to visit and enjoy some blueberry coffeecake. By the end of the afternoon we'd met up with my sister, and then went for dinner with my friend Gloria. I had a fantastic duck salad - a great assortment of greens (endive, lettuce, green beans, etc), all perfectly crisp and delicious, with an interesting mustard dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment