Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 03, 2011: Grenoble - The Passage (End), English, Cabbage

Phew - I'm done reading "The Passage", after an epic last go at it, from 8:30 to 1:30. I was starving by the time I reached the end, but didn't want to break for lunch. Only at the end do you find out there's going to be a second book released in 2012. Curses! But it was a good read, and I'll look forward to the sequel.

Then off to play cards with Naola for a couple of hours to help her practice her English.

And finally supper. We'd bought a red cabbage at the market, but I wanted to make something more summery with it rather than my usual braised cabbage in red wine. So I made a coleslaw of cabbage, carrots, apples, parsley, spring onions, mustard, lemon and honey. It would be nice if we had a mandolin to make thinner slices for a more delicate texture, but it still tasted fresh and tangy.

No comments:

Post a Comment