Tuesday, July 27, 2010

July 27, 2010: Washington - The Zoo, Lebanese Twins

Quote of the day (as per a child at the zoo):

"Mommy, why do they look like stuffed animals?"

"Why shouldn't they?"

"Are they stuffed?"

"We make stuffed animals to look like real animals."

Not much else to report from the zoo. I'd intended to sit and do some sketching, but forgot about the hordes of children who would be blocking my view of any interesting animals. I'll try again, but I'll take along a book to read while I wait for an opportune time, like a hunter, waiting in ambush...

In the evening we went for dinner with Heather and Anthony at the Lebanese Tavern. Afterwards we went for a walk around the nearby residential neighbourhood - many palatial homes, including one that is the Lebanese Embassy. How odd that the night had two connections to Lebanon.

To finish off, we walked across the bridge to Dupont Circle for gelato - I had a delicious combination of white peach (peaches fresh from a local farm) and lavendar honey with fennel.

No comments:

Post a Comment