Friday, July 2, 2010

July 2, 2010: Preparations Underway

Preparations are underway for our departure for Bethesda, Maryland.

We've got an apartment lined up in Woodley Park, Washington, DC, about mid-ways on the subway line from both the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda (where Mark will be spending his time), and the main cultural attractions of Washington (where I'll be spending much of my time).

And at home I'm wrapping up clearing space for our house-sitter to move in, tending to the garden (will perhaps one tomato at least be ready to eat before we go?), and taking care of a number of errands that we've been putting off for too long.

I'm very excited about Washington - I've been reading through the guide book that Jenn gave me, and there are so many things to see. I'd like to set a goal of going to every museum, although there might not be enough weeks to accomplish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment