Monday, February 14, 2011

February 14, 2011: Toronto - Valentine's Day

Well, I'm sick on Valentine's. And although we didn't have any major plans (a splurging shopping trip to Patagonia) it's a bit sad to be stuck at home on the couch. Happily we've got delicious leftovers from a big meal the day before with my friend Denise and my sister and brother-in-law: chicken and mushrooms in the slow cooker (a new recipe, and quite successful), braised red cabbage in red wine, roasted butternut squash, and baked brown rice. So in essence we had our Valentine's celebration a day early.

I've also been busy working away at making photo albums - my annual year in photos as a Valentine's gift to Mark, plus wedding albums for our family, and an expanded version with the rest of the Hawaii trip for me and Mark. I'm in the thick of the last one, processing photos, writing up stories and laying it out, and plan to have it all printed and delivered before we leave Toronto end of the month. What fun to re-live all these good times by poring over the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment