Friday, February 11, 2011

February 11, 2011: Toronto - Mary Pickford at Spadina House

I went to see the musical 'Sweetheart - the Mary Pickford Story' at Spadina House museum with my friend Jane. I was intrigued - interesting setting, in an historic home. And my cousin, Eileen Whitfield, had written a biography about Mary Pickford that I read a number of years ago.

But the production was dismal. It seemed like something that was put together by people who'd never before been to a theatre performance. I give it one star for the creative venue.

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to track down Eileen Whitfield. I am finishing a piece on Mary Pickford that has been virtually unexplored and I cannot find a web-site or blog of hers. Can you contact your cousin and ask her to contact me? www.MartinGrams.com. I would like to ask a couple questions and see if she wants to look over my piece about Pickford's radio work. Many thanks in advance, Martin Grams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martin,

    I'll see what I can do about putting her in touch with you!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete